It’s almost Thanksgiving, which means it’s almost the official start to the holiday season, and I could not be more excited!
I think, actually, everyone’s really gotten in the holiday mood quite early this year, and I’m not sure why, but I really like it. I think everyone is just ready for a bit of happiness and festivity because of all of the things that have gone wrong this year. I mean, more school shootings, and Robin Williams dying, and the whole ISIS thing, and the severity of the drought in Southern California. People seem to need the holidays more than ever, and I want it to come so badly.
So what I’m gonna do in this post, I think, is just kind of talk about my holiday plans and all the different things I want to be doing?
- Okay, the first thing is that Thanksgiving Break started on Friday, and my grandma came to stay with my family. That, for me, is really exciting because I haven’t seen her in a while and she stayed with my aunt for a few days and now, with us.
- Also, on Friday night, when my aunt brought my grandma to our house, we watched the season finale of How To Get Away With Murder, which was phenomenal. It airs on Thursdays, but my aunt’s been coming over every Friday so we can watch it together and it is sUCH A GREAT SHOW OH MY GOSH! So that was pretty awesome, but I don’t think I can last until January 29 for the next episode.
- Saturday night, we went to Downtown Disney to see the fireworks, but we missed them because it was so cold. We thought the fireworks were at 9pm, and we got there at maybe 7:30 or 8, and so we were waiting and waiting and we got Wetzel’s Pretzels, which turned out to be super salty, and then we found out that the fireworks were at 9:30. So we were just like, “Nope, too cold. Let’s go eat dinner.” and then we went to a really nice Red Lobster for dinner. Now I’m not really a huge seafood person, but I ordered the Crab Linguini Alfredo, and it was fantastic. So fantastic that I probably had an out-of-body experience.
- Now, Sunday, (which is today), I’m really excited for the Signed, Sealed, Delivered holiday movie. Now I think you know this, but I am a Hallmark Channel junkie. It’s my guilty pleasure that I don’t really feel guilty about, and I loved the original SSD movie and the show (Eric Mabius is my favorite person, and I’ve seen all of his movies), and I wish they had more episodes and I don’t know if they’re gonna have a season two (if anyone knows, please tell me), so I’m just anticipating the movie tonight.
- So, for the rest of the week, there’s a few things that I want to accomplish and here they are:
- Catch up on Supernatural (because I’m still on season five, lame)
- Finish my ACT Prep book (because I’m taking it in 3 weeks)
- Test out a brownie-in-a-mug recipe (because I want to use it for Christmas Eve)
- Sort out all of the music artists I want to know (and download all their albums)
- So, after Thanksgiving break, we have only three weeks of school and then two weeks for winter vacation (which I’m already ready for). And this year, it’s going to be legen-wait for it-dary: LEGENDARY. Why? Because:
- Because I’m making sure we get our Christmas tree next weekend (super exciting).
- Because I can’t wait to go shopping for Secret Santa.
- Because I’m doing Secret Santa with two different groups of people: my best friends and my co-workers. I’m also planning on buying gifts for all my family members because I have money now. 🙂
- Because I’m going to make New Year’s Resolutions that I want to keep, and I’m going to keep them.
- Because I need it to be.
Anyway, I can kinda just feel it: that this holiday season will be extraordinary. And I hope 2015 will follow suit.